About Wells McFarlane
Wells McFarlane is a leading firm of Chartered Surveyors based in Leicestershire. The Directors are entrepreneurial and innovative and the company operates as a strong team specialising in commercial, development, agency and valuation services. Recently awarded the United Kingdom Property Award for the best Property Consultancy in Leicestershire and The United Kingdom Property Award for the best Property Consultancy in the UK and a Nominee for the Global Property Consultancy of the year, this is a progressive company looking to employ the best candidates in the field.
The accounts department comprises 2 full-time people, who between them manage the entire accounts functions of the company.
The ideal candidate will be qualified or part qualified, or qualified by experience in working within a small accounts department, producing year end accounts for Limited companies, and partnerships and sole traders, up to trial balance, including all year end adjustments. The Accounts Manager will work with the Accounts Assistant. It is expected that as much as possible, both positions will be able to cover for each other at times of annual leave or sickness absence.
We are looking for candidates who possess:
- •Full responsibility for company accounts
- •Producing monthly management accounts
- •Complete year end accounts including all year-end adjustments prior to external accountant sign off
- •Full responsibility for client accounts (commercial and residential property management)
- •Operation under RICS regulations
- •Maintaining 60+ client bank current accounts and maintaining 300+ deposit accounts
- •Regular Invoicing for rent and service charges including collection from tenants and owners
- •Monthly statement and regular reporting to clients
- •Year end accounts for the clients’ Limited companies
- •VAT returns calculation and submission on behalf of clients
- •Recharges of utilities and ad hoc charges
- •Processing and payment of supplier invoices
- •Property management accounts software (currently using Vebra Premise)
- •Bank reconciliations
- •Communicating with clients and tenants via the telephone, email and by letter
- •Well organised and highly efficient time management skills
- •Extensive use of Excel plus competence in the use of Microsoft Office, mainly Outlook and Word
- •Ability to work on their own initiative without direct supervision
- •General housekeeping of client files, filing, archiving, in accordance with the current filing system, both on the server, and the physical files, to ensure full records are kept of all client transactions and correspondence
- •All general office duties. All staff work as a team which does include answering the phone, greeting visitors, dealing with correspondence (incoming and outgoing), making appointments etc. This is a small office and all staff are expected to show a willingness to help out as and when help is needed.
What we can offer
- Full time permanent position
- Monday to Friday working hours 9:00 to 17:30 with one hour lunch
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or write to Trevor Wells, Wells McFarlane, Devonshire House, 26 Bank St, Lutterworth, Leicestershire, LE17 4AG.