Love Where You Live – Gilmorton feature
5th February 2019
Just a few miles from the market town of Lutterworth sits the picturesque rural village of Gilmorton, first recorded in the Doomsday Book in 1086 the village has survived and grown into an enviable village with a thriving social community at its heart.
The village enjoys a good social scene with a choice of local pubs, from the contemporary The Grey Goose with fine-dining and great selection of wines enjoyed by locals and visitors from further afield, The Grey Goose has amassed a great reputation as a must-go-to dining experience. At the other side of the village sits The Crown, again with a reputation for serving great food, from a traditional carvery to an extensive menu the pub has a wide selection of traditional ales and lagers that are always welcomed in a rural country pub such as The Crown.
Gilmorton Village Stores is a real gem within the village, from its speciality deli counter to it’s artisan food offerings, freshly prepared sandwiches and the convenience of being the village Post Office, it is an ideal place to pick up a unique gift for a loved one as well. Upstairs there is a lovely welcoming space where customers can sit and enjoy the treats they have purchased from the downstairs stores.
A large and modern sports pavilion provides an amazing space for the village sports clubs, such as the Cricket Club and other community activities; from boot camp to beer festivals and private party hire; the sports pavilion is a great edition to this bustling village.
With one if four parents citing catchment area as a main reason for moving house, it’s great to know Gilmorton has the well regarded Gilmorton Chandler C of E Primary School that provides an important part of the village community. A modern and very well maintained local park provides an excellent space for those with younger families to enjoy.
The village is surrounded by open countryside views making it a very popular cycle route, yet the village has the local towns of Lutterworth and Market Harborough on its doorstep and not to mention the city of Leicester as well. It really is a perfect village to lay your rural routes while enjoying all the amenities on your doorstep!
Like to find out more about property for sale in Gilmorton – call our residential department on 01455 55 38 88
Facebook competition terms and conditions:
WIN A £100 GIFT VOUCHER AND A BOTTLE OF WINE FOR THE GREY GOOSE, GIMLORTON PRIZE COMPETITION TERMS
- The prize competition is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Promoter.
- To enter the competition, participants must comment with a reason about why they love where they live within the comments section of the Facebook post.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- The opening date for entries is 11.00 on 7th February 2019. The closing date of the prize competition is 23:00 on 13th February 2019. Entries received after this time will not be accepted. Competition entries cannot be returned.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
- The competition winner will be selected at random from legitimate entries
- The winner will receive a £100 gift voucher and bottle of wine only. The winner must collect their gift voucher from Wells McFarlane offices after 17th February. Gift voucher is valid for 12 months.
- The winner will be notified by Wells McFarlane by responding to the winning entry on the competition post within 2 working days after the competition has ended and must provide their full name and postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 2 working days of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above. The prize cannot be claimed by a third party on the winner’s behalf. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility if the winner is not able to take up the prize.
- The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or association with Facebook.